yle="line-height: 20.7999992370605px; text-align: justify;">Retraction Policy (retraction – withdrawal, recall of a published article) shall be implemented by RSUTS Publisher, editorships of all journals published (Service and Tourism: Current Challenges, Service in Russia and Abroad, Service plus, Universities for Tourism and Service Association Bulletin) to warn readers about the cases of duplicate publications/self-plagiarism (when authors present the same data in several publications), plagiarism, presentation of inaccurate data, concealment of conflicts of interest that may have influenced the interpretation of the data or recommendations for its use. Retraction is a mechanism used to correct the published information and to inform the readers about the publications containing serious defects or erroneous data, including unreliable data. Author may publish such data as a result of an honest mistake or deliberate violations. Based on the recommendations of the Committee on Publication Ethics – COPE the Journal's Editorship shall be guided by the below-mentioned Retraction Policy of the article that have been already published.
Grounds for an article retraction:
- detection of plagiarism in the publication;
- article duplicating in several publications;
- detection of falsifications or fabrications (for example, rigging of research data) in the work;
- detection of serious errors (for example, incorrect interpretation of the results) in the work that calls into questions its scientific value;
- incorrect authors' composition (included the persons not meeting the authorship criteria);
- concealed conflict of interests (and other violations of the publication ethics);
- republication of the article without author's consent.
The retraction process may be initiated on the following grounds:
- request of the article author;
- request of the other journal editorship;
- request of third parties (possible participants of the conflict of interest) with the evidence that the author of the article published in the journal violated the scientific ethics;
- request of third-party organizations and establishments (for example, the Committee at Russian Academy of Sciences on countering falsification of scientific research);
- violation of the scientific ethics by the article author detected by the editorship of the journal.
Article retraction procedure in the Journal:
1. After the request of an author or another person/organization/establishment submitted the facts of the scientific ethics violation in the article, the Journal's Editorship shall appoint a committee, which perform investigation of the case considering all available facts and possibilities to check the ethics of the publication;
2. Once decision on the article retraction is made, the editorship shall specify the reason for retraction in the minute (in case of plagiarism - indicating the sources of borrowing and/or data source on the plagiarism), as well as the retraction date. The article and description of the article shall remain on the website of the journal as part of the respective journal issue, but the electronic version of the text will be marked RETRACTED and have the retraction date, this mark is put for the article in the issue content.
3. The editorship does not remove mechanically the article from the journal's electronic version and from the archive on the journal's website to follow the correctness of the journal issue structure.
4. A minute with the date of the meeting, composition, expertise results, reasoned decision and request form for retraction shall be submitted to the Council of Scientific Publications Ethics at Association of Science Editors and Publishers (ASEP) (for the information to be included in the unified base of the retracted articles).
5. The information on the retracted texts shall be transferred to the scientific information base – National Electronic Library (eLibrary), CyberLeninka and others where the Editorship sends the data on the published journal issues. Retraced articles and links to them shall be removed from Scientific's information bases and are not considered for index calculation.
6. In case of a significant moral damage to the parties of the conflict of interests, the information on violation of the scientific ethics can be transferred to the workplace of the author.
7. The Editorship shall reserve the right to make an independent decision regarding further cooperation with the authors of the retracted articles (refusal to cooperate, refusal to cooperate for a definite time, commissioning of an additional expertise of the articles in case of a repeated cooperation).
Continued enhancement of quality of scientific publications published by RSUTS Publisher is one of the principal priorities thus the Editorship intends to keep developing comprehensive cooperation on this issue with the authorized bodies, professional community of scientific editors and publishers, journal editorships, authors, and all interested parties.
Additional informational resources on the article retraction issues
1. Retraction of Publication: ASEP for Editors (In Russ.).
2. ASEP base of the retracted (withdrawn from publication) articles (In Russ.).
3. ASEP rule of articles' retraction from publication (In Russ.).
4. What is retraction of scientific articles? [In Scope] (In Russ.).
5. Removal of journals from RSCI (Russian Science Citation Index), articles retraction and open reviews: Questions and Answers (In Russ.).
6. Retraction Watch